Friday, August 25, 2006

Green Card Scam? Or is this legit?

Or is it a combination of both?
So, I'm doing research online and I go to log-in to my email and I see this ad: "U.S. Government offers green card for life!" At first, I didn't really think anything about it, so I finished checking my mail and then logged off, but in the process ... another ad appears with different artwork, but a similar message: "Live and work in the U.S.A!" So I obviously became curious.

I started hitting refresh on my browser, and yahoo continued to show me many different variations of the same ad. So I immediately knew that my readers would most likely be just as curious, so I grabbed screenshots of all the variations I could find, and I also went through the process of registering, just for your reading pleasure. So I've posted all the screenshots below and I'm very curious to know if this is a legitimate company offering an honest service, or is it some fraudulent shadow company in Indonesia, ripping would be immigrants off? And, if it IS a legitimate company, is it really THIS easy to get a green card? Take a look, and let me know if any of you have any info on this. I'll do some digging also and post updates along the way.









And YES ... that's me: "Pablo Escabar" from Iran

1 Comments:

Blogger marcia said...

Hi you.Yes they are legit, and no it is not that easy to get a green card. It is called the greencard lottery. You play it like you play the lottery, but you don't pay ubtil you become one of the 100 or 200 who get to the final step. From my understanding, there are a certain amount of countries that can apply. At the end of the day, i believe that a few people per country can win.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home