Friday, July 28, 2006

Evidence mounts, did Reuters writer fabricate story on Minutemen?

UPDATED!!! Scroll for updates
Earlier this morning I wrote that I had serious doubts about some of the facts reported by Reuters writer Michelle Nichols. I suggested here that she had made up a claim that the minutemen representatives had pushed or shoved members of a counter-protest, and I also expressed my suspicion that she might have completely fabricated a quote, most likely quoting an imaginary person. After reading several additional eye-witness accounts of the protest, I am even more convinced now than before. I would love to hear from Nichols, or maybe from Stephen Durham, who she quoted as a witness and who I believe to be a figment of Nichols' imagination.

Via WorldNetDaily:
Minuteman Project founder Jim Gilchrist and his co-author Jerome Corsi dispute a Reuters report of their book-tour kickoff at Ground Zero in New York City that implied the citizen border-watch group provoked a physical confrontation with protesters.

The second paragraph of a Reuters story by Michelle Nichols said Minuteman members "pushed and shoved members of an immigrant rights group that showed up at the event."
In fact, Gilchrist told WND, it was the radical activist group that launched an assault while he was answering questions from the media. The group of about 125 broke through a police barrier across the street and pushed and shoved members of Gilchrist's entourage, including his wife, before police intervened.


A handful of New York City police officers, trying to protect Gilchrist and his colleagues, quickly whisked them away in cabs.

Read the entire reality-based account here.

If you scroll down to my previous post, you can find links to numerous articles that display this woman's extreme anti-Bush, anti-war agenda. If true, she needs to be held accountable. I have requested a response from Reuters and am awaiting a reply as I would hope her editors might have an interest in verifying that a person she quoted actually exists.

I won't hold my breath.

Don't let this situation be swept under the rug! Write Reuters and let them know how you feel. Write them here.

Read my previous psychic post here.

Update:
Reuters has now magically altered the original story on their online version. New version found here is missing the original second paragraph.

Still no response to my request to Reuters, but they did send me an email saying they had "set up an account for me." Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home